Tuesday 22 October 2013

La Roche Posay Effaclar Micro Exfoliant


Let's just put this out there: I have an oily face. I have pores. And my face is not smooth. Anybody relating to this? I thought so.

I find the need to exfoliate a lot, because I hate the feeling of a 'bumpy face', so anything that promises to get rid of that feeling, without using a gritty skin-stripping scrub (St Ives I'm looking at you) is a winner in my books!
La Roche Posay Effaclar Micro Exfoliant (also called Clarifying Lotion) claims to unclog and visibly reduce pores while also leaving you with a smoother texture to skin.

I'm going to tell you now, this lotion smells so bad, kind of alcoholic, so if you tend to avoid products with this in, then this probably isn't for you. However, the results are very good, the water consistency leaves my skin feeling incredibly clean, catching all the dirt I missed after cleansing, and pores feel tightened. My skin also feels a lot more matte, which is definitely a bonus for me, keeping shine at bay for that little bit longer!

I'm not sure I would trade this in full-time for some of my favourite face scrubs, but it is perfect for those days when you just want to sweep something over your face to guarantee a far less bumpy face throughout the day.

If you're prone to large pores, uneven skin tone, oily skin, or have acne scarring, then I would definitely recommend this product for you, the small amount needed every day means that this bottle will last you months.

I'm keen to try the Foaming Gel from the Effaclar range, has anyone tried this? Is it available in the UK?

How do you like to exfoliate?

Jessica xo

No comments:

Post a Comment