Sunday 30 June 2013

Revlon Ultimate Suede Lipstick in Backstage

Now, I usually go for a nude lip myself, but I couldn't help but feel like I wanted to jump a little bit out of my comfort zone yesterday as I wandered around the make up aisles of Boots. Revlon had a 'buy one get one half price' offer going on, and I'd heard a lot of positives about the new Ultimate Suede Lipsticks, not to mention seen the adverts of the gorgeous Olivia Wilde. The other shades are all very pink for me, and it was probably lucky that they didn't have a nude shade, otherwise I probably would have bought that one instead of this one.
The shade 'Backstage' can be described as very much of a berry colour in the pan but on the lips it actually transfers a bit more red. It is very long lasting, this lasted me a full (busy!) 6 hour evening shift at the pub. I could have done with maybe a touch up towards the last hour, but to be honest it's not really something I tend to have time for! The only gripe I have with this lipstick is that it is quite drying on the lips, which makes me want to lick my lips all the time, but it doesn't affect the colour pay-off at all. You just have to get used to it I guess, because the colour is just gorgeous! I would recommend a bit of exfoliation and lip balm action before you use these lipsticks to get the best, and most comfortable result. 

I love the colour, and glad I stepped out, have you tried any of the Ultimate Suede Lipsticks? What did you think? 

Jx

1 comment:

  1. I bought a couple of the darker, red shades too and I agree, they were very drying on the lips and just sank into cracks in the lips really easily. It's a shame because I really loved the shades

    xxx

    ReplyDelete