Wednesday 23 October 2013

Bourjois Java Rice Powder: Review


Today I will be reviewing the Java Powder by Bourjois. Bourjois is currently celebrating it's 150th anniversary by reinventing a vintage edition of it's first historical best-seller: Java Rice Powder. Described as a feather-light powder that lights up and smooths complexion in one step.

Let's get the superficial part out of the way; the packaging is gorgeous. The twist and click mechanism is great for dispensing a small amount of product, meaning you don't end up with powder all over your dressing table/carpet, a regular problem in the world of Jessica Sawyer. With one shade to suit all skin tones, and promises of soft-focus, glowing skin, this powder was right up my street and I had to get my hands on it!

I like to apply this as a finishing touch, after all my make up has been applied, and my brush of choice is the Real Techniques Setting Brush, which is small enough to apply just the right amount of product, so you don't end up looking like Edward Cullen walking down the street. Not a look I love to go for.

I don't think this will take over my love for MAC's Mineralise Skin Finish in Soft & Gentle (another post, another time!), but for under a tenner, this powder is amazing for brightening the skin in, what can be said as, less than amazing weather at the moment.

Have you tried the Java Rice Powder?

Jessica xo

No comments:

Post a Comment