Saturday 21 December 2013

10 Things That Have Made Me Happy This Week

I thought I would write something a bit different. Life has been so crazy, as I imagine it is for everyone at this time of year, that I haven't had a chance to take many photos, so an 'iPhone Eyes' post would be very boring for you to see! 

So I thought I would let you know 10 things that have made me happy this week. 

1. I am much more capable than I thought. Just when I thought that Christmas and New Year at work couldn't get any busier, it did. And guess what? We've done it! Only after something happens you can see your own strengths. 

2. My husband. This man will continue to make me happy every day. Even after a ridiculously long day he will still pick me up to make sure I don't walk home alone.

  
3. Christmas cards from family and friends. They show how many people love you enough to take time out and wish you a Merry Christmas. 

4. The sound of the wind and rain we've been having lately through the open window at night. My favourite sound. 

5. My family. We had our 'Christmas Day' on the 21st as all us 'kids' were working on the actual day. Turkey and roasties, and pigs in blankets, and mince pies, and Eton Mess, accompanied by bickering and photos and singing Christmas songs. I wouldn't have it any other way!

6. Lazy mornings watching Love Actually and getting dressed whenever I like!

7. How the smallest things can make me smile. Painting nails in Christmas colours, drinking Black Forest Hot Chocolates, pancakes with friends, seeing my Daddy, texts from my favourite people. I could go on until the end of time! 


8. Early bedtimes and sleeping through the night! Sometimes I feel like it's all one day running through!

9. Buying Christmas presents! Although stressful at the time, I have been so happy this week knowing that all my presents are wrapped and all our cards written. Giving presents is so exciting!

10. Knowing that it is now 2014 and there are so many exciting things to come!


What has made you happy this week? 

Jx

No comments:

Post a Comment