Monday 20 May 2013

What's in My Bathroom Cabinet?


L-R: Nivea Fresh Deodorant, Percy & Reed Finishing Polish, Colgate Pro Gum Health Floss, Radox Muscle Soak Bath Salts, The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream, Indeed Labs Hydraluron, Clean & Clear Deep Cleansing Lotion, The Body Shop Seaweed Toner, Simple Light Moisturiser, Phil Smith Argan Hair Oil, La Roche-Pasay Micellar Solution, Boots Botanics Organic Eye Cream. 

I'm nosey. Guilty. I love these kinds of posts because I love to see what other people have in places that you don't normally see! 
Our bathroom cabinet (Homebase) is more often than not a bit of a clutter, so giving it a quick organise encouraged me to do this post. On many occasions the husband's products end up on my shelf! No time for that! These are the products I am currently using on my face/hair and what my thoughts are about them!

La Roche-Pasay Micellar Solution is something I wanted to love so much, whilst waiting for the release of Bioderma in the UK, I thought this would be a good product to start with, for the price I was expecting a 'do it all' formula, whereas I find it hard to take off my eye makeup effectively with this, however, it takes off the rest of my face makeup perfectly. If anyone has a recommendation for a better Micellar water, please let me know! 
Hydraluron, from Indeed Labs, is a new addition to my skincare collection. After seeing such rave reviews in the blogosphere I knew I had to get my hands on it, and splashed out the £24.99 in Boots. Hydraluron claims to absorb 1000 times it's weight in water, so will magnify the effects of anything you put on top of it, ie moisturiser, eye cream etc, giving you hydrated and plumped skin and will also keep your makeup looking better for longer, no more patchiness! I have to say I LOVE this product, it is well worth the money and will change your skincare, I promise! I will do a full review in a couple of weeks after I have trialled it a bit more, but it is already a firm staple! 
Boots Botanics Organic Eye Cream is a product I bought on a whim, after missing one in my skincare. I'm not looking to prevent wrinkles and lines at this point in my life, but it never hurts to take care of your eyes early! It's a good product that will last you so long, a little goes a long way. 
The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream is my holy grail moisturiser, there is no doubt about it, after a recommendation from the lovely Corrie, I haven't used any other moisturiser in the day since. This keeps shine at bay, and improves the look of my makeup no end. Oily skinned gals, this is one for you, you won't regret it! 

Jx

No comments:

Post a Comment